Annabelle Hydrangeas

Annabelle Hydrangeas Not Blooming This Year

cristina added on July 18, 2011 | Answered

My 3 year old hydrangeas bloomed the first and second year. This year, however, I only have a couple of blooms. I did not prune the branches in the spring. I am aware of the harsh winter we had and probably freeze and refreeze cycle might not have helped. I have not done anything different than what I did the last couple of years. Last year it was in full, colorful bloom, barely able to see any foliage with the blooms taking over. I heard that hydrangeas can bloom every other year. Is this true? Please help. Summer is still here and I would give anything for the beautiful blooms to adore my garden. Thank you.

Did your hydrangea freeze to the ground. The only answer I can come up with (if not) is that buds formed last Fall were damaged from the cold to the point where they just didn't burst forth for you this year.

Here are more questions about Annabelle Hydrangeas