Chestnut Trees

American Chestnuts Seedlings for the Winter

Dodgedaddie added on October 2, 2017 | Answered

Hey everyone. I just bought some hybrid Asian-American Dunstan Chestnut trees. I'm in Maine and didn't realize our temperature was going to drop so soon/fast. (Mid to high 30's) The question I'm asking is, should I still Plant them or bring in doors or put in cellar,cover with plastic? ..etc. Any Help Would Be A Help.                  Mike In Maine

It is always best to have caution with young trees, just to ensure that they will survive winter conditions. If you are unsure, then always bring it in. Next year your tree should be able to handle the winter on its own.

Here is an article for more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/nut-trees/chestnut-trees/growing-chestnut-trees.htm

00
Dodgedaddie

They don't need to hibernate for the winter?? Or if in side they will grow more??

THANKS

00
Here are more questions about Chestnut Trees