Amaryllis Plants

Amaryllis That Has Not Bloomed

I received an amaryllis bulb, potted it and watered it, but it never has formed a stalk or bloomed. In addition to the leaves coming up directly from the center of the bulb, some leaves came up from the side of the bulb. I did not know they should be removed until several months had gone by, but I did cut them off about a month ago. I never fertilized this plant or fed it. It came with very brief instructions. What should I do to prepare this bulb to flower at some time in the future? Next season is okay, if that is best. If I need to fertilize, what type of fertilizer is best?

It happens that sometimes a bulb gets damaged in shipping and cannot form a bloom the first year. It should bloom for you in the future, perhaps even this summer. This article will help:

Here are more questions about Amaryllis Plants