Amaryllis Plants

Amaryllis

How do I send an amaryllis bulb in the mail? I was going to put it in a zip lock bag with some soil and send it in a bubble envelope would this be OK?

ellie13232

Check with the post office and the state you are mailing to. Usually amaryllis bare rooted before shipping. This involved removing all loose soil. The packing in the root in damp, but not wet wood shavings, and wrapping with lightly moist newspaper. Skip the plastic bag as it will not allow for any air circulation and can lead to rotting the bulb. I would use a box instead of a bubble envelope as it is less likely to be crushed in the mail. The post office and each state have rules about shipping agricultural products. Bulbs fall under these rules. Check with you local Farm Bureau if you are unsure how to proceed.

00
Here are more questions about Amaryllis Plants