Plant Recommendations

Alternative to Calibrachoa

oldgreenie21 added on December 2, 2016 | Answered

I live in USDA Zone 7, Long Island, NY. I just found some great Calibrachoas, but was very disappointed to see they are best suited for Zone 9-11. What alternative to Calibrachoa, except Petunia, can I plant in my zone? Thank you for any suggestions you might have. Happy Holidays, Brian A. Carey, Massapequa, NY

Calibrachoas can still be grown outdoors during the summer in zone 7, but they will not survive the winter. As for alternatives, both Calibrachoa and Petunia are in the Solanaceae or tomato family, so you could look for other ornamental plants in that family. Morning glories, primroses, and evening primroses include some varieties that look similar to Calibrachoa and that can grow in zone 7, although ost mornng glories are annuals.

00
Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations