Aloe Vera Plants

Aloe Vera

Stephen.JM added on June 5, 2017 | Answered

Hello, I have an aloe vera plant, it was doing great for fifteen years I have had it. then I put it out doors for two days where it rain almost each day. I brought it back inside after. now the plant is very limp and not doing that great anymore. I had it inside for about a month, watered it very little.

ducatislave

you over saturated it, it is essentially a succulent. it needs almost no water. a good sprinkle of slow release granulated vegetable fertilizer every 6 mo. and a well drained pot with sandy soil if about all it needs. Treat it like an orchid, only water it when the bottom of the soil is dry then let it dry completely. If it does look dead though, just clean up the dead stuff and leave it be, it will come back. I have had two that have gotten frozen and died off above ground and then came back the next year.

00
Here are more questions about Aloe Vera Plants