Aloe Vera Plants

Aloe Plants

BrewstaBeachBum added on September 2, 2017 | Answered

I just received an aloe plant from a friend. It has 5 pups attached to it, but the main plant is enormous with 4 different sections growing off of it. How do I trim the main plant without destroying it? It grows up about 3 inches then drops 2 inches with multiple off shoots.

Aloe is EXTREMELY hardy. It will survive even the blackest of thumbs. Now, I have an aloe that I have kept in a tent for about 2 years. It went from a single stemmed plant in a 2 in. pot to filling out a 5 gallon pot and overflowing.I have to pull plants out just to keep it from being overgrown. It likes medium light slightly moist soil, and will tolerate heavy feeding. Any pups growing from it can be removed at any time. put them in the soil beside the mother after removing, or in their own pot. even if they have no roots, they will quickly grow them. Do not put them in full sun in the heat. They prefer to be shaded a little bit. under another plant is fine.
Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask here or on my email, at 6.schuster@gmail.com. Thank you!

00
Here are more questions about Aloe Vera Plants