What's your question? Ask

Almond Trees

Q.Almond Tree Dropped Almost All Fruit

Faizan N added on May 12, 2024 | Answered

I have a five year old almond tree. It flowered really well in spring and a lot of fruitlets developed subsequently. However, the tree later dropped almost 95% of the fruitlets when they were pea size, while only the remaining 5% are on their way to maturity, and look fine as such.The tree looks healthy with no major signs of concern by looking at it. What could be the reason for this drastic fruit drop? P.s Same thing happened last year as well. The tree flowered quite well, lot of fuitlets developed but only a small amount of fruit reached maturity. The harvested fruit was quite good, both in size as well as taste, but a very tiny amount, sadly!

A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Answered on May 13, 2024

This specimen is starting to reach maturity. This happens at about 3 to 5 years. With this being said, your first several harvest will be expected to be small. Every year should see a little more fruit until it is prime age for production.

Here are some articles that will help you with their care:



Was this answer useful?

Log in or sign up to help answer this question.

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

You must be logged into your account to answer a question.

If you don't have an account sign up for an account now.

Looking for more?
here are more questions about...
Almond Trees
Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
Become a GKH Gardening Expert