Norfolk Island Pine Trees

Bottom Branches of My Norfolk Pine Dropped Off

All the bottom branches of my Norfolk pine dropped off. Can I plant it deeper in the pot? Or will that cause the stem to rot? We just moved into a house with strictly wood stove heat so our house gets really dry and hot. I think this is why all the lower branches fell off. They drooped and when I touched them they fell off. They didn't really feel dry just limp. I just got a humidifier I am going to set up by my Norfolk which I hope helps. Should I mist it on top of that? I have had this plant for six years and it seems to get less bushy as time goes on. How can I get it bushier? I looked at air layering but I think the stem is too thin. Everywhere says not to trim it back either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Watering, humidity and fertilizer are key to healthy Norfolk Island Pine houseplants.
You should not try to plant it deeper into a pot.

Here is a link that will help you correct the branch drop on your plant.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/norfolk-pine/norfolk-dropping-branches.htm

00
Here are more questions about Norfolk Island Pine Trees