Garden Problems

Algae and Water

I have an acre that is on a graduated hill. It is my backyard and I have a creek between the hill and my house. The problem is the creek dries up in the summer and has started growing algae and it has spread to my yard, sidewalk, deck and outside plants. It doesn't flow enough to keep the water fresh. There is also an underground stream that keeps the hill wet all summer. Every time I kill the growth, it rains enough to come down the creek. It is starting to get out of control. Do you have any suggestions? I live inside Kansas City, MO city limits and have almost two acres to treat.

Algae thrives in areas where there is wet soil and full sunlight, so the only way to rectify this issue is to get things dry again otherwise you will just be spinning your wheels. I highly recommend that you contact a hydrology expert. They have specialty knowledge regarding soggy terrain due to underground water tables or springs and may be able to help you with your drainage problem.

For more information on lawn algae control, please visit the following link:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/lawn-care/lgen/controlling-algae-in-grass.htm

00
Here are more questions about Garden Problems