African Violets

African Violets

Abraham Lachman added on July 29, 2016 | Answered

I water my plant usually every week by setting it into the sink with about 1-2" of tepid water (from a well) with African violet fertilizer added. It usually sits in the water about an hour and then is returned to a large open pot. It has been doing very well until recently, but this week almost all the stems turned soggy and limp and appear waterlogged! What have I done wrong? Is it still salvageable or is it time to start over?

Since African violets are high-moisture plants, overwatering might be a bit harder to to do but certainly still possible.

It's not too later to revive your plant (if in fact that's what the issue is). This article may give you some good tips on how to bring it back:

And this article will give you some good information on the general care of your African Violet:

Here are more questions about African Violets