African Violets

African Violet Help…

scottedwardkelly added on December 11, 2015 | Answered

We bought our African Violet about a month in a half ago. It was blooming or bloomed. After a few weeks, all the flowers died off. It is winter here and the only window faces north. I've placed her under a florescent lamp bulb, 60 watt I believe, only watered her very little, since she was soaked when we bought her. She has been under the florescent light for about two weeks and her leaves are growing like crazy, but no flower bloom. Not sure what soil, if any, she is in right now. I was thinking of transplanting her into a slightly bigger pot with some Fox Farms soil that I used for other plants. I also have some Advanced Nutrients bloom, but haven't done that yet. Any ideas on why she won't bloom? Thanks

This article will help refresh you on the care requirements.

Here are more questions about African Violets