Strawberry Plants

ADB Giant Heirloom Japan Strawberry

I live in California. I started 72 plants from seed. (January 2017) Put them outside (March) They are now getting what appears to be runners. No flowers yet. Should I remove the runners? I thought they should produce before the runners came. Is this normal for these plants? Plants are getting lots of leaves etc. and are very healthy. Have them in Strawberry tower. Don't know if I will get fruit this fall. They are everbearing. Any help you might have would be great. Jackie

First congratulations on successfully growing strawberry plants from seed. Everbearing type tend to produce less runners, but still will grow them.
Though it is true you can produce more fruit by removing the runners, it is best to leave them the first year.
Let them fill in the space between plants.
You will most likely have your first crop next year! Maybe a few to sample this fall!

00
Here are more questions about Strawberry Plants