Norfolk Island Pine Trees

About My Norfolk Pine

esherman77 added on March 16, 2014 | Answered

One of the branches of my Norfolk pine is broken. Not all the way, as the needles at the end are still growing, but it isn't straight like the other branches and can't hold itself up. How do I repair it or strengthen it so that it still gets nutrients to the end of the branch? The tree lives inside all of the time.

If it's broken along the branch, you could use bamboo kebob skewers or popsicle sticks as splints, and string or yarn to wrap the branch so that the broken pieces are held together; in time, new tissue should grow. If the branch is broken at the trunk, use string or yarn tied from the broken branch to the trunk or the branch above, so that the broken part is held up to where it's supposed to be, then wrap branch and trunk with tape, any kind, doesn't matter. Once again, new tissue should grow.

00
Here are more questions about Norfolk Island Pine Trees