Orange Trees

About a Warf Orange Tree

huikangau added on November 7, 2017 | Answered

I applied Powerfeed instead of citrus food to the tree early this spring and the tree leaves now become very large. I wonder if it is a sign of healthy tree or abnormal. Thanks in advance for your answer.

I did a little research on Powerfeed. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with giving the tree this. I feed my citrus, and in fact, all of my plant both edible and not, with CYCO. This is a fully liquid line of pharmaceutical grade nutrients. It is far from organic, but I know it is clean, and pure.

Bottom line is: You don't have to use citrus nutrients. They just take the guesswork out of knowing how much, and when to feed, since the NPK ratio is geared towards citrus.

If it acts properly, and grows vigorous without sacrificing fruit then it is fine for the tree. But make sure you know when to cut back on the Nitrogen or else you may not get fruit.

00
Here are more questions about Orange Trees