Organ Pipe Cactus

A Mature Organ Pipe Cactus Where Limbs Are Starting to Fall Over

bbenedict27 added on October 30, 2017 | Answered

I have a mature old organ pipe cactus and in this last year many of the limbs are starting to fall over. Was wondering what can I do in this case? Is it normal for them to do this? Or do I have a problem such as over or under watering? thanks!

This actually sounds like a case of over-watering. These are very drought tolerant, and will not tolerate "wet feet" for very long. I would let the potting material dry out pretty well in between waterings. You might apply a few drops of rosemary oil in the water for the next watering, just in case an infection is trying to start in.

Here is an article for more information on this cactus: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/cacti-succulents/organ-pipe-cactus/organ-pipe-cactus-care.htm

00
Here are more questions about Organ Pipe Cactus