Calla Lily Plants

Drooping Calla Lilies

slimjax48 added on July 26, 2013 | Answered

I have 2 calla lilies planted in my front flowerbed. Morning sun. . partial shade in the afternoon. Full shade later in the day. They are big plants and seem to like the area, except the blooms droop. Can you tell me why?

My experience has been that when calla blooms droop, it is usually 1. age and/or 2. not enough sun. As long as the drooping doesn't bother you too much, it won't hurt the plant. If you haven't divided the tubers in the past 4-5 years, it might be a good idea to do so after frost nips the foliage. Plant some in full sun and see what happens. The article at this link explains dividing and storing callas:

This article states that callas are not hardy north of zone 7. We are in zone 6, and have never had a problem overwintering callas with nothing extra to protect them.

Here are more questions about Calla Lily Plants