Crape Myrtle Trees

How to Get a Taller Crepe Myrtle

suzyq2222 added on May 8, 2013 | Answered

If I were to slightly cut branches on crepe myrtle tree to even them out, would it make the tree stay short or would it still get taller? I cannot seem to find any information that tells me anything except thinning out, but nothing on getting the tree to grow tall. Am I supposed to trim the branches shorter each dormant season? I have one or two branches that are a lot taller than the rest. Thank you. I am in zone 8, Morgan City, Louisiana.

Each variety of crepe myrtle has it's own average height. (Kind of like each person will attain their own personal height. Once grown, you can't make a person or plant grow more.) Hopefully this article will help; https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/lawn-care/specific/st-augustine-grass/st-augustine-grass.htm

00
Here are more questions about Crape Myrtle Trees