Container Tomato Plants

Tomatoes Eaten?

prettygarden added on August 21, 2012 | Answered

This is my first hanging upright (sweet baby) tomato plant. It has done absolutely great. Lots of tomatoes and yellow flowers (which after a 3 day rain most of the flowers fell off) but new ones are in bloom now. I have had no problems till now. I have not seen any rotten ones, spots, holes or disease on the tomatoes or leaves. My plant is full of tomatoes. My problem. . . . both green and red tomatoes will look good on the vine but on 6 tomatoes(not in the same spot) it is like someone cut a third of the tomato away. I pick them off and the next day there are about 6 more. I read about the cut worm but it doesn't seem to fit except for the name. I cannot find any worms, spiders, bugs or birds around. What am I missing here? Please help.

I would suspect rodents. They can climb into the plant and randomly take bites out of the fruit. This article will help:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/animals/garden-mouse-control.htm

00
Here are more questions about Container Tomato Plants