Passion Flower Vine

Passion Fruit and Broccoli

bilsil added on July 4, 2012 | Answered

I wish to really push my passion fruit and broccoli on, and I am prepared to do anything to achieve this. What is the best fertiliser type to do this? My passion fruit is in a large pot and is well estalished. At present I use blood and bone, Dynamic Lifter and cow manure.

It sounds like you are doing all you can with the passion vine. The only other thing I can recommend is to up the frequency of watering. Plants in containers typically get too little water, even in the best case, so increasing frequency will ensure there is more water available to the plant at all times, which will result in better growth and fruit production.

Broccoli is ALOT trickier, especially if you are growing it in containers or in a warm climate. Broccoli grows best when the roots are kept cool. The best fertilizer and soil in the world will not help if the roots get warm. Heavy mulch and frequent watering can help with this, as can shading during warm weather. If you are growing in a container, I have heard that placing ice cubes on top of the soil daily can help.

00
Here are more questions about Passion Flower Vine