Rose Fertilizer

dilip kumar jaiswal added on May 23, 2012 | Answered

What chemical fertilizer (name of chemicals) is required for rose plants in cinder (soil less) and what is the ratio?

I prefer to buy a rose food that is already mixed for all of my roses. Some that I have used or still use are: Vigoro Rose Food, Mile Hi Rose Feed, Gro-Rich Rose and Perennial Food, Peter's Water Soluable All Purpose or Miracle Gro All Purpose. The all purpose Miracle Gro works just as good if not better for me than their special for roses mix. A well balanced NPK is what you usually want. Too much Nitrogen and your will get lots of foliage but few to no blooms. From what I have read about growing roses in cinder, it sounds like the water soluble fertilizers are the way to go, they will give the rosebushes all they need. No need to worry about the ratios to mix your own.

00