Peony Plant

2 4D Spray Drift on Peony

pblarson added on April 30, 2012 | Answered

Hello, Yesterday, I sprayed my yard and sidewalk with 2 4D Weed Killer and noticed my peonies looking wilted and drooping this morning. I figured there must have been some spray drifting from the weed killer and was wondering if this is an automatic death sentence for the peonies. I tried spraying them this evening to remove any existing herbicide, but wondered if the damage has already been done? Can I cut back the peonies to spur new growth?

Douse the plants with water. I don't think the peonies will regow once cut back, so leave the peonies alone and hopefully they will recover. In the future, if this happens again, water the foliage of the plants as soon as you realize what has happened to wash off as much of the weed killer as possible.

00
Here are more questions about Peony Plant